Your beautiful smile is one of the first things that every people notice about you, so it’s important to keep it looking its best. But the question is are you unhappy with your smile? Do you feel like your teeth are stained or yellowed? Unfortunately, over time our teeth can become stained or yellowed.
This can be caused by a number of things, including the food and drink we consume, smoking, and even the natural aging process. We all know that no one likes having a dull, yellow smile. Many people feel self-conscious about their smiles, and as a result, they may avoid smiling or even laughing in public.
Luckily, there are a number of dental procedures that can help to brighten your smile and give you the confidence you need to show your teeth. Here are 10 of them:
- Teeth Whitening – Among cosmetic dental procedures, teeth whitening is the most popular. It can make your teeth several shades brighter and give you a more youthful appearance. There are several different teeth whitening procedures available. You can avail of either over-the-counter whitening strips and gels, teeth-whitening toothpaste, tray-based tooth whiteners, whitening rinses, or in-office whitening. The in-office bleaching is considered the best method since it provides the fastest to whiten your teeth. This can be done at your dentist’s office or at home, using a kit that you can purchase from your dentist or at a drugstore.
- Dental Veneers – Veneers are ultra-thin, custom-made tooth-colored shells that are glued to the front surface of teeth. They are constructed of robust, long-lasting porcelain, resin, or ceramic glass. They are used to alter the tooth’s size, shape, or color. Veneers are a great alternative for stained or discolored teeth that cannot be whitened and are typically utilized for the front teeth, which are noticeable when speaking and smiling. Veneers are a more conservative alternative to crowns, however the procedure cannot be reversed. Unlike genuine teeth, they are not porous, so stains from food and drink cannot harm them. To prevent tooth decay and gum disease, they must be constantly cleaned and maintained.
- Dental Bonding – Dental bonding is regarded as the simplest and least costly aesthetic treatment. Bonding is a flexible procedure that may be used to treat a variety of issues, including dental decay, gaps between teeth, bite alignment, poor breath, and discolored, chipped, cracked, or fractured teeth. It can also be used as an alternative to silver or amalgam fillings. The natural tooth is prepared, polished, and coated with a flexible or putty-like resin that is tooth-colored. The resin is then exposed to ultraviolet or laser light to solidify it. Bonding is the name of this quick and easy process.
- Dental Crowns – Crowns can save your tooth when a filling or veneer is unable to repair the damage. In contrast to bonding, which covers just a portion of the tooth, crowns cover the whole tooth. Crowns are used to strengthen teeth and improve their look. Metal, resin, ceramic, porcelain, or acrylic fused to metal are the materials used to make them. Crowns can be used to treat a variety of issues, including bite alignment, discolored teeth, cracked, fractured, or missing teeth, and even poor breath. The teeth-shaped caps reinforce and prevent a weak or broken tooth from splitting apart. It may also be used to cover a dental implant and form a component of a dental bridge.While crowns are sturdy and long-lasting, deterioration and plaque development may be avoided with routine maintenance.
- Dental Implants – A lot of people lose their entire tooth due to decay, gum disease, trauma, or accident. Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are typically constructed of titanium. In the jawbone, implants are fixed using a quick procedure. Permanent teeth, crowns that are detachable, and attachments that support removable dentures are all supported by them. With good oral hygiene, implants are a reliable, long-lasting alternative that can endure for many years. If you’re thinking about getting dental implants, speak with one of our dentists who have a reliable success record and a ton of expertise.
- Dental Braces – Dental braces are an orthodontic tools that straightens and align teeth, assist in positioning them with respect to a person’s bite, and work to enhance dental health. Traditional metal braces, ceramic braces, lingual braces, and Invisalign are just a few of the dental braces that could be suggested to straighten up your teeth.
- Dental Bridges – Bridges are used to replace missing teeth so that the normal teeth around them don’t shift or migrate from their original positions and maintain a natural, attractive appearance. Bridges come in two varieties: cantilever bridges and fixed permanent bridges. The fixed bridge fastens crowns to the two neighboring natural teeth and connects artificial teeth to fill in the spaces left by missing teeth. Only one side of the gap has to be filled with a cantilever bridge to replace lost teeth.
- Dental Dentures – Dentures are removably attached false teeth composed of metal, nylon, or acrylic (plastic). They fill in gaps left by missing teeth and take care of any possible issues by fitting securely over the gums. Speech and feeding difficulties can result from gaps created by missing teeth, and the teeth on each side of the gap may crookedly expand into the space. Dentures come in two varieties: full dentures, which replace every tooth, and partial dentures, which work in conjunction with natural teeth to replace some lost teeth.
- Dental Contouring or Reshaping – Enamel contouring or reshaping may be the answer if your teeth are in good condition overall but have small flaws like uneven, crowded, or overlapping teeth. Small, undetectable modifications are made to the enamel, but the overall appearance of your smile benefits greatly. It’s a quick, inexpensive, alternative with rapid results, and it’s frequently paired with other operations like bonding and bleaching.
- Dental Fillings – A filling can bring back the function and appearance of a tooth that has been damaged. A filling is performed by a dentist by first removing the decaying tooth material, cleaning the afflicted region, and then filling the cleaned-out cavity with a filling substance. A filling also aids in stopping additional degradation by preventing access points for microorganisms. Gold, porcelain, composite resin (tooth-colored fillings), and amalgam are some of the materials utilized for fillings (an alloy of mercury, silver, copper, tin, and sometimes zinc).
You shouldn’t let a dental problem hinder your happiness now that you are aware of the aesthetic dental procedures that are accessible. Depending on your situation, Boca Dental and Braces will assist you in selecting the appropriate technique.