Healthy teeth and gums are something to be proud of, but there’s a lot that has to happen before you can say you’ve reached this stage. It starts with brushing two times a day, flossing once a day, drinking plenty of water, not smoking or chewing tobacco, and having regular dental checkups.
Each year, about two-thirds of Americans experience some form of tooth decay. In fact, an estimated 20% of people in the US have untreated tooth decay. If you are one of those who have neglected their dental care for too long, then it is time to make a change.
Dental treatment can be pretty expensive, but when you consider the cost of having to replace a tooth that has been lost due to decay or another reason, not going to the dentist could actually end up costing more in the long run. This article will give you seven reasons why regular dental visits are worth it—and what they can do for your oral health!
- Detection/Early Detection of Dental Issues – One of the advantages of regular visits to the dentist is that dentists are able to identify issues that could develop into bigger problems in the future. Looking in the mirror and seeing your smile won’t tell you the condition of your gums. The Dental X-ray will help you identify plaque, tartar, as well as cavities. It is essential to never undervalue the importance of an examination, as oral cancer can cause death if not treated properly.
- Education on Proper Dental Hygiene – The best way to improve your oral health is to ensure that you are not neglecting any steps in your dental hygiene routine. If you have questions about how to improve the process or about keeping up with other factors related to dental hygiene, then there are many options available for you to receive this information, like visiting your dentist regularly. Either way, if you are practicing your best oral hygiene habits, you will find that they can go a long way toward helping you maintain healthy teeth and gums.
- Provide You Peace of Mind – There are some issues that could lead to severe consequences if not addressed like the presence of a decayed tooth within the mouth for too long. A dentist is capable of keeping track of what’s happening in your mouth, helping with discomfort and pain, and giving you an action plan to follow up. All of these elements can help you live your life in peace and with less stress about how serious a situation might be.
- A Stunning Smile – The way to achieve a dazzling smile is simple: visit your dentist regularly. With a pleasing smile, confidence and self-esteem increase.
- Help With Related Issues – There are many issues related to oral health that might not have been considered, such as sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is a condition that causes interruptions in breathing in brief intervals while asleep. Snoring is commonly associated with sleep apnea.If it is not treated, sleep apnea could result in serious health problems. If the dentist is unable to provide you with a solution to end the problem, they can still send you to the right specialist.
- Safety and Legality of Teeth Whitening – Are you concerned about the legality and safety of bleaching your teeth? Your dentist can assist by providing the most effective suggestions on what you have to consider with regard to whitening your teeth. Only dentists who have been licensed to bleach teeth use bleaching agents such as hydrogen peroxide.
- Save Time and Money – Finding dental problems early can save you plenty of money in the long run. Although it is possible to treat the first stage of dental decay using fillings that are relatively inexpensive, if the decay is not treated, it may necessitate a root canal. The cost of a root canal could be around $1000. Be sure to visit the dentist regularly to ensure fewer expenses and save time in your busy schedule.
We hope that this article gave you a better understanding of the advantages of regular dental check-ups. If you’re looking for ways to boost your dental health, achieve better teeth, or just stay away from expensive dental procedures down the time, regular dental visits are vital.
Should you ever have concerns or questions regarding your oral health, you can call Boca Dental & Braces and arrange a consultation or a checkup from any of our nearest locations.